Update #2 - 10/13/11

This is the second non-RT update regarding what's going on with me and with the blog.  First and foremost, I wanted to let you all know that I'm settled here in Tallmadge for the most part.  It looks like I planned this move just right as there's only a couple of details left from the old place that need settling...much cleaner than past moves and giving me a road map for my next move down the road.  I have my internet on my computer, so I am officially declaring myself back online.  I think I'm ready to start moving forward again.  Regarding the blog...like I said in the last update I'm aiming to start the new era of Random Thoughts around my birthday in about six months.  It's likely gonna take me that long to get the stuff I need to make that era come about but, again, I will be posting sporadic updates here about me and in the meantime showing off a few things and concepts about what's to come.  I've consulted people about what specifically I have planned for the next era and they seemed extremely receptive but understandably wondering if I'm gonna be able to pull this off.  Their input has given me some stuff to think about but with the time I'm giving myself to get this off the ground I have faith that this is going to happen.  Again, I'm not gonna get into specifics about what I'm actually doing but once that 100th edition appears you will immediately notice Random Thoughts will not be the same.

One of the main reasons I'm waiting so long is something related to Blogger itself.  They have recently introduced a new generation of blog templates and layouts called Dynamic Views.  It's a stark change from previous templates with integration of the latest in web technology (HTML5 and CSS3, for example) finally being added to Blogger blogs.  It's in working beta right now and it's probably gonna take a few months to integrate stuff from the old templates like gadgets and other internet knick-knacks into the new formats.  The next era of Random Thoughts will be utilizing one of these Dynamic Views layouts, so I will be testing them out over the next few months to see what works best.  I will debut the new layout once the 100th edition is put up, but in the meantime if you want to see Dynamic Views in action, I changed my DJ Customs blog (http://djcustoms.blogspot.com/) over to the Dynamic Views format so you can see for yourselves what I'm talking about.

I'll probably be posting monthly updates on what's generally going on with me and the blog until that 100th edition comes out, so in the interim you can catch me on Facebook and Google Plus (G+ is now open to everyone now).  Until next time, folks...take care and God Bless.

DJ