Random Thoughts #145 - the "undisputed" edition

Greetings and welcome to the latest edition of DJ's Random Thoughts.  I haven't done this since last year so I thought I'd better get another one out there (as I am sticking out my tongue like a brat does at this moment).  Anyway, this is coming out late or early depending on your point of view so let's get to it.  Enjoy.

 -  The reason I'm actually doing this so early in the morning is because of an event that happened last night...the Royal Rumble for 2015.  I thought last year's Rumble was bad but outside of one good Triple Threat title match and a couple of surprise Rumble entries, this year's Rumble match...well, let's face it...it was a train wreck.  There was barely anything to make you jump out of your seat and no real "whoa!" moments except for the returning Bubba Ray Dudley and Diamond Dallas Page moments.  Heck, even the eliminations themselves were just boring...just simple dumpoffs over the top rope with no Gorilla Press slam eliminations, nobody really flying out of the ring...just slow and plodding eliminations.  The Philadelphia crowd let them have it with the boos most of the night, especially when Daniel Bryan was eliminated early.  It was pretty bad.  To make things worse, as of this moment the top Twitter trend in the United States is "#CancelWWENetwork".  There were also reports of cars blocking WWE folks from leaving the arena after the event and even The Rock, who is actually pretty popular with Philly folk and made a surprise appearance at the end, was booed mercilessly.  I was up most of the night just reading about how bad WWE looked with this year's Royal Rumble.  Even Time magazine's website now has an article about the "#CancelWWENetwork" trend and how poorly the Rumble came off.  I'll say this...if WWE thought what was best for business was last night's Royal Rumble, then they should get out of that business as fast as humanly possible.  The company is losing it's touch and if enough people make a dent with cancelling their WWE Network subscriptions, they are going to take a heavy financial hit.  The last thing the company needs especially going into Wrestlemania season is continuing erosion of people's faith in their ability to deliver a top notch product.  If last night is any indication...and I think it is...the company has its work cut out for them.

 -  Now for the reason for the subtitle of this edition.  The Ohio State Buckeyes football team, after a lot of doubt from pundits (and yours truly), insults from haters and early stumbles during the football season, have done what was unthinkable and won the College Football national championship after steamrolling Wisconsin in the B1G championship game, beat a heavily favored Alabama team in the Sugar Bowl and overpowering Oregon in the championship game.  I have to admit, I did not see this coming one bit.  I thought in all three games they were going to come up short.  Shows what I know.  Nevertheless, I am one happy Ohio State alum.  I even got a National Championship shirt which is posted up at the top of this edition...it's a bit oversized but at least I got one.  The last time the Bucks won a national championship, I started back at OSU a year later and eventually earned my degree.  If the trend of karma continues...I'm pretty certain it's not gonna take me back to OSU but what I am hoping for is the heralding of the next evolution of DJRT to where I'm aiming to take it.  As of earlier this month I have started down that path and it looks like it's gonna take me a while to learn what stuff I need to learn and do to make it work short and long term, but I've embarked on it nonetheless.  In any case, congratulations to The Ohio State Buckeyes on their success this past season.

 -  Speaking of congrats, I want to congratulate my friends Melissa and Alan on their engagement over the weekend.  It's been a long time coming with many saying "Finally!!!" but I wish the best for the both of them.

 -  Query:  I haven't done one of these in a while but after seeing something a couple weeks ago I am interested in seeing what kinds of opinions are out there regarding something related to it.  The original subject was about a potential dating/relationship quirk.  Without going into too many specifics about what I saw before asking anything about it, here's the query I have:  if you are dating someone, how long do you think it would take before you'd consider yourself in a relationship with that person "officially", or at least long enough that if it didn't work out you'd call them an "ex"?  I'm not talking about those people who dive right into a relationship...I've done that once myself and might even do so again if the right person comes along at the right time, but that's just me...just those who are simply dating.  In my opinion, I say it has to be at least a month, maybe even two months, before I would even think about considering that an outright relationship.  The reason I ask is that I saw a girl possibly and viciously use the "ex" designation on someone she simply dated...no relationship, just dating...for about a week and thought "boy, that seems odd" especially since the girl got all worked up about it and the guy she was dating.  Anyway, I already shared my view on that but I'm interested in what other people believe.  What do you think?

 -  This past month, things have been up and down for me.  Like I said earlier, I've been working on DJRT stuff which is definitely an "up" for me.  I've also had this new laptop I've got for Christmas which is probably the best present I've gotten in years, maybe ever.  I'm very happy with it.  On the flip side, my depression's been kicking in now and then and it's been rough with some of the thoughts that have come with that.  I've had a bit of trouble with sinus issues as well throwing me off physically and I've caught a couple of bugs to boot, one I'm recovering from now.  My New Year's was alright though I wasn't at my best.  I also haven't generally been as up socially as I'd been previously but I'm hoping that changes in the near future as well.  This roller coaster has been rough but I'm doing the best I can and I have a lot to look forward to though some of it might be a ways off...like the walks, the festivals, the good weather coming back...that kind of stuff.  I'm hoping that stuff comes sooner than later.

 -  I'm going to get a bit personal here in terms of subject matter but I'm going to be as general as possible because though this isn't about me, it could apply to me down the line.  Right now there are a few friends of mine who are currently going through or have gone through some very rough times as of late.  These folks are possibly asking questions of themselves that they never imagined ever having to ask and potentially having to make some really tough decisions...some because they have no choice other than to do so, some because it's for the best for everyone involved in whatever they're dealing with, some to prepare for a future with or without certain people, some because something changed regarding their dreams (something I might be facing down the road regarding a certain area of my life)...it's those and several other scenarios here.  As someone who's been down that road too many times to count myself...especially when I didn't want to be...I do want to say that though I'm not there with those friends in person going though whatever it is they're dealing with, I'm definitely with them in spirit and praying and hoping for them to pull through and potentially overcome whatever they're facing or going to face.  I know times might not be easy in either the short or long term and I don't envy them one bit regarding any of this kind of stuff, but I thought those folks should know I feel for them and I'm hoping for the best outcome possible.

 -  Song on Repeat:  "Don't" by Ed Sheeran.  This past month, this song has been the definition of a song on repeat.  It's catchy...at least to me...and reflects some feelings I've had in the past.  This song hits the spot regarding some of those feelings.


 -  Shoutouts:  Kevin, Stacey, Sarah & Dave, Jay, Ron M., Stephanie, Melissa, Alan, Desiree, Mary, Sean D., April K., Ron U., Griff, Jenny K., Anna, Tony C., Jalen, Stan, Jay, Bob & Lynn

Aaaaaaaand with that is the end of this edition of DJ's Random Thoughts.  There is one thing I want to say that I've probably said every year around this time since I was a kid and even a few times on here...it's too friggin' cold outside.  I hope everybody keeps safe and warm and I'll see you next time.  Until next time, folks.  Take care and God Bless.

DJ