Random Thoughts #70 - the "missing" edition

Welcome to another set of Random Thoughts from yours truly.  I'm feeling bloggy right now (as opposed to froggy; BTW, did I just make up a new word?), so let's get to it.  Enjoy.

 -  The name for this edition, the "missing" one, is multi-layered.  First, maybe I should have named the last blog entry (the "stuck" edition) the missing one as it seemed not many people were aware I had an entry a couple weeks ago.  It really doesn't matter to me one way or another how many people read my blogs, but it just seemed to stand out this time around.  Second, due to sleep and sinus-related issued, I missed out on a lot of activities the past few weeks.  The weather has been lousy so I could have easily skated by on that reasoning, but even if it weren't this stuff would have held me back anyway.  My sinuses have been acting up and seriously throwing off my sleeping schedule.  The schedule is hopefully almost back to normal but as always this sinus stuff is tricky for me.  I actually slept through most of Valentine's Day and missed out on watching some events like wrestling and the NBA All-Star Weekend stuff.  I was planning on going out last night and last weekend, but I just got whammied by this.  I do want to go out next weekend so I hope the crappy stuff stops by then, including the weather.

 -  Last Tuesday was the 3 year anniversary of me becoming a follower of Jesus.  I would have celebrated but, alas, the sinus stuff messed that up.  I have to admit it hasn't been easy, especially in finding acceptance as a Christian and facing struggles that would test any person's faith.  The road that is my life has been extremely rocky anyway but knowing that I have Jesus on that road with me has been a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

 -  My church:  Crossroads World Christian Center ministered by Pastor Cory Pariseau.

 -  One thing that I didn't miss out on was the finale of ECW.  The second and probably final era of ECW is now over.  I liked it for what it was, but it wasn't the original era by any stretch of the imagination save for the first One Night Stand and a few matches here and there.  I think the McMahon family only know their own product and had too much trouble trying to bring in concepts and things from ECW that made the original era so unique and so well remembered from a fan standpoint.  WWE is now starting with a new concept, NXT (not "next" but "N-X-T"), where eight newcomers who've been plying their trade in Florida Championship Wrestling, WWE's developmental territory, are paired up with current WWE talent in the hope that they develop into superstars.  I like the idea and I hope it works out.

 -  Last week I made a disturbing discovery while looking up some old friends...someone I hung out with in my high school days passed away about a year and a half ago.  Shawn Steinmetz, a BMX biker, died in July of 2008 from a freak accident at the skate park near the Rubber Bowl in Akron.  He was the first person I knew that shared my interests in dancing and hip hop, going so far as planning to participate in a HS talent show.  We lost touch after I graduated, but I knew he was really into racing.  It was a shock learning of his passing.  Rest in peace, Shawn.

 -  When, oh when, will the weather start improving?  I'm getting sick of the winter cold and the snow.

 -  I haven't been paying too much attention to the Winter Olympics this year, but it looks like the United States is doing pretty well in Vancouver so far.

 -  Song on repeat:  "Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody" by Kid 'N Play.  This is a song that takes me back to my heyday at the clubs.  It best expressed what I sought to do when I went out...and it still applies today.

 -  SLP to the following:  Dave, Bo (belated happy b-day), Matt, Vanessa, Aunt Susie, Eugene, Laura (happy birthday), Chris H. (again, happy b-day), Tommy D (happy birthday), Sonya (still praying for you, girl), Donielle, and Espen (happy b-day).

That's it for this edition.  Like I said, I do want to go out next weekend so if anybody wants to go hit me up.  I just hope the weather starts improving soon.  Until next time, folks.  Take care and God Bless.

DJ