Random Thoughts #20 - the "uhh..new year" edition

Hello and welcome to 2009, folks...whether you like it or not. The thing about time is that you can either go forward with it and/or live in the current one. You can't go back until time travel is a reality, which I doubt will ever happen in our lifetimes. Anyway, onto my ramblings:

 -  What did I do on New Year's Eve? Well, for the first time since probably my first go-round in college, I pretty much did nothing. I just stayed home and played a game on my computer that night. I didn't have the cash on hand to do anything and the default plan went kerplunk and kerplooey. The funny thing is...from what I've heard about other people's NYEs that I know of, mine was probably one of the better ones comparatively, so in a way I don't feel so bad. I am not planning to do this again, however.

 -  It's been generally a year since I brought back my personal blog and one of the big things about it is that it has been a blessing for me. I blog because I want to, because I do it for myself, and because I let it work for me. For those of you who read my blog, thank you...I appreciate the patronage.

 -  The Buckeyes blew it in the Fiesta Bowl. One blown defensive coverage will do that.

 -  Since I restarted the blog, I'm noticing that as much as things have happened and/or changed, there are some things that have stayed the same. Unfortunately some of those similarities include my current financial status, my currently-limited involvement in things, and the lack of any romantic prospects at the moment. I'm hoping by this time next year those particular things will be improved big time.

 -  The new year means some websites I regularly check out are changing if not changed. Don't be surprised in your own websurfing that changes to your most visited sites might be coming if not here.

 -  I'm pretty sure over the last couple of days you've noticed my default pic is a stylized professional-looking logo. It is a modified version of the DC Comics logo, changed to my name...and since I'm a DCU fanatic it appeals to the fanboy in me. I've been looking for one to use and I may modify more or create unique ones of my own, but I think this one will do for now. I did the work myself, trying to make it look as presentably professional as possible. If anyone has ideas on new ones, let me know or send me a base pic I can work from...I like tinkering with this kind of stuff.

 -  "Tinker"...that just sounds like a dirty word, doesn't it. Make me giggle.

 -  Also speaking of a year ago, I wrote about watching out for the "winter blues". Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to take my own advice there because it's yet another thing I'm dealing with right now on top of those other challenges I'm already facing and already alluded to ad nauseum. I'm saying this because if it seems like I'm putting off doing certain things (even those that might seem important), me dealing with my blues is the reason why. I haven't started singing the blues as karaoke, so all is not lost. On the other hand, maybe I should....hmmmmm.

 -  Now that the holiday season is over, we're gonna start seeing some new episodes of a lot of our favorite shows. Smallville is starting in a couple of weeks with an episode focused on the Legion of Super Heroes (the 31st century superhero team Superman inspires)...it should be good.

 -  Like I said in my last blog, I don't normally make resolutions, but in the spirit of the new year (what little I have of it right now), I am trying to promise myself something. I want my current state, my finances, my love life, and anything else applicable to be improved greatly and to be in a better state of mind (damn winter blahs). Facing those challenges I've already talked about, getting out a bit more, and finding a suitable employment atmosphere are just some of the ways that will help me there. For those of you looking to do the same, I want to wish you good fortune in your endeavors as well...and don't be afraid to ask for help (I won't be).

 -  Lots of parentheses and dots in my blogs....(heh heh heh)...(ishkibibble)...(going out of my mind)...(warning)...(danger)...(crazy guy blogging right now)...

 -  Two weeks until our new president is sworn in. I wish it were sooner, but Bush wants to cause some more ruination before he's out...his hands-off approach to the current Gaza-Israel situation is a reminder of this. Say it with me now...only two more weeks...only two more weeks...only two more weeks...

 -  As many of you know, I've been going to the OC in Gahanna regularly on Saturdays for the past few months (only one night I missed due to a hospital visit to a friend now passed). However, I am looking to get out to more places and check out different spots as well. Nothing against the OC, but I think I need a little more variety. I'm probably gonna check out a place some of my friends have found but if anybody has suggestions, let me know as I'm sure other people here may want to do the same.

 -  Has there ever been a time that you just wanted to mess with somebody who was acting smug, self-righteous, pompous, arrogant, and outright unsympathetic by pointing at them like some devout old religiously-oriented person and yelling "SINNER!!!" repeatedly at that person just to embarass the heck out of them? I've been very tempted to do so recently, just to throw certain people off. Mind you, I'm talking about complete strangers or barely known acquaintances, not our friends or people regularly known to us. I am a Christian, but this might be something to consider doing...nahhhhhhh.

That's it for now. I didn't expect to have this much, to be honest, but hey...random thoughts happen sometimes. Join me next time as I do a back flip off a diving board...I just hope they remember to put the water in the pool before I do. Take care and God Bless.

DJ