Random Thoughts #92 - the "meltdown" edition

Welcome back for another round of Random Thoughts, the 92nd edition.  I wasn't planning on doing another blog so soon or until after my birthday, but I've got a lot of stuff to get off my chest and need to do an information dump.  With that in mind, let's get to it.  Enjoy.

 -  The subtitle for today's blog, the "meltdown" edition, has many meanings.  Japan had a major earthquake that has put some of it's nuclear facilities on the verge of meltdowns (my prayers to Japan).  Several celebrity personalities have had some form of a meltdown, perceived or not.  We all know about Charlie Sheen...and who doesn't?  He's all over the flippin' airwaves and the news with his antics.  Now comes word of Chris Brown having a meltdown after an interview on Good Morning America.  Different types of meltdowns all around.  I'm gonna open up here for a bit...I've had my share of meltdowns and even recently I've felt like I've been on the verge of another one.  There have been times in my life where this has happened...some of you have seen it and fortunately many of you have not.  Most times nothing comes of it except in the most unusual circumstances..the last time it happened was over a year and a half ago.  I'm not expecting anything like that now and I'm hoping to bounce back pretty quickly especially with some things coming up, but my spirits have been pretty low as of late.  As to why, some of you already know some of it and the rest I can't really talk about, but I am dealing with this the best I can even if it's not quick enough or just enough period for some people (nobody on Facebook, but there are some people).  If I seem out of sorts or what not, at least you'll all have a general idea why.  If I need help I will ask but for now just keep me in your prayers while I deal with this stuff.

 -  My birthday is coming up, but I do need to say something about it.  I did make plans with some people over this past weekend to go to a club for my birthday.  After a couple of days of thinking about it, though, I've decided against doing that for the time being.  The only thing I'm doing for certain is my yearly birthday sojourn to PIzza Hut.  That decision is not set in stone...it's just that I've done the club thing on my birthday many times before but right now it just doesn't look all that enticing.  I know that some of you will be disappointed by this, but this is how I feel and I hope you'll understand.  I'm keeping my options open for that weekend for a way to celebrate and I still might end up going out to a club, but for now I am not commiting to anything until closer to my birthday.

 -  I went up to Screaming Willies a week ago Saturday and got to see some people I haven't seen in a long time, at least since last year.  I didn't dance too much due to a cut on my right foot (bugged the heck out of me) and the fact that I'm out of shape (no surprise there).  It was nice to see friends though.  I did do some bar hopping last weekend but nothing notable came of it.

 -  I decided to do a NCAA Men's Basketball tournament bracket this year for the first time in several seasons.  I picked Ohio State to win it all.  So far three of my Final Four are still in the tournament as of the Sweet Sixteen and so far over half my picks have been correct including one of my upsets.  So far this season this tourney bracket ranks in the upper half of those I've done in the past.  I just hope OSU wins out.

 -  There is a wrestling promotion out of Cleveland called Pro Wrestling Ohio (PWO) that airs on Sunday nights at 10 PM on SportsTime Ohio (the Cleveland Indians channel).  It's a pretty good show for the most part and several of it's wrestlers have been or are now involved with either TNA or WWE.  The most notable is Madison Rayne, the current TNA Knockout champion (WWE calls their women Divas, TNA calls them Knockouts).  Two others, Johnny Gargano and Benjamin Boone, showed up on the first season of NXT as security for MIchael Cole (when he confronted Daniel Bryan).  Raven, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Brutus Beefcake, and Greg Valentine have all wrestled for the promotion.  The reason I bring this up now is that two more have been signed, one each by TNA and WWE.  Bobby Shields, a member of the group "Sex Appeal" in PWO, has reportedly been signed by TNA after participating in Taz's wrestling "finishing" school.  Also, even bigger than that, "Mdogg20" Matt Cross is going to be a contestent on the upcoming WWE Tough Enough series premiering before the Monday Night Raw after Wrestlemania.  I wouldn't be surprised if more were signed from PWO in the future as it seems over the last year it has become the place for future wrestling stars.

 -  Song on repeat:  "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" by Queen.  My interest in Queen started with my ex-fiancee who was extremely into the group and it's music even a couple years removed from lead singer Freddie Mercury's death.  My own interest in their music was the only thing that survived from that relationship to this day.  Queen were pioneers in rock music, including different genres of music into thier own and making history along the way.  It always amazed me how Freddie Mercury could grab a live audience, entrancing and commanding them in a way I've seen only Michael Jackson could (BTW, MJ wrote a couple of songs with Freddie, including "State of Shock" which MJ did with Mick Jagger).  Their music stands the test of time and used in so many mediums.  "These Are The Days Of Our Lives" is one of my favorites.

 -  SLP to the following:  Holly, Griff, Patrick H., Rita D., Chad, Dave, Ernest, Al, Shane D., Shane B., Derrick, Harry, Daryl, Pat M., Pastor Cory, Damian (happy birthday), Jennifer K. (happy birthday), Dani (happy birthday), James P. (happy birthday), Jenny K. (happy birthday), Heather K. (happy birthday), Donielle, Cheryl, Michelle, and Art.

Spring is here and I hope the weather improves soon.  We've had glimpses of better weather but I want more.  Anyway, I'm gonna take off now.  I hope to have more positive stuff next time so until then, folks.  Take care and God Bless.

DJ