Random Thoughts #68 - the "short, short" edition

Hello and welcome to a late night or early morning (depending on your point of view) edition of Random Thoughts from yours truly.  I got a few little ditties to write about this week, so with that in mind, enjoy.

 -  The inspiration for the title of this particular edition comes from the movie "Spaceballs."  At the end of the movie, the preacher states that he's going with the "short, short" version of the wedding ceremony.  I don't know why that part of the line kept with me, but it has.  That Mel Brooks...he's a comic genius.

 -  I actually had a pretty busy weekend...the busiest I'd had in a long time.  I helped my friend Dave with some computer stuff and then we went out to the Outside Corner.  It's the first time I went out in a while and I saw a bunch of people I hadn't seen in a long time including one person from where I grew up in Tallmadge.  I was pretty loose and thus somewhat loopy, but I had a good time.  I feel accomplished and somewhat kooky.

 -  Cold weather...please just go away!

 -  My church:  Crossroads World Christian Center ministered by Pastor Cory Pariseau.

 -  For you Columbus residents in particular...a while back I was reading the Columbus Underground website and I found something called the Small Business Beanstalk.  It's a local group that offers a free community discount card that's good at various local businesses around town.  You can go to the Small Business Beanstalk website to take a look at the deals and discounts the card offers and sign up to get one for yourself (I already got one).

 -  I haven't paid too much attention to basketball this year but apparently the Cleveland Cavaliers are on a 9-game winning streak.  That's not an easy accomplishment, but with a team including LeBron James and Shaquille O'Neal, I'm not too surprised at this.

 -  The second version of ECW is coming to an end in three weeks and will be replaced by a show WWE is calling "NXT."  Vince McMahon came onto the ECW show Tuesday night and proclaimed that this show will be "the next evolution in WWE and the next evolution of TV history."  All I can say is that I'll believe it when I see it, because the way WWE has been going the past few years the stories and things they've been attempting have been underwhelming.  I hope this helps out with that.

 -  Song on repeat:  "Roll With It" by Steve Winwood.  Just like the song, I'm just trying to roll with it...the "it" being life.


 -  SLP to the following:  Jessica (happy b-day), Dave, Griff, Cara, Art, Shane, Ernest, Tim, Holly, Heather, Xavier (happy birthday), Nicole (happy b-day), Todd (happy b-day, old man), and Eugene.

That's it for this short, short edition.  Join me next time as I attempt to do something truly magnificent...write even more random thoughts.  What, were you expecting a miracle?  Well, in any case, I'm gonna put my loopy mind to rest for now.  Until next time.  Take care and God Bless.

DJ