Random Thoughts #26 - the "late at night" edition

Hide the women and lock up the kids...the most dangerous man with a mic is LIVE!!! Yes it is yet another collection of random thoughts from yours truly. Here they are, live and in color:

 -  I was thinking that if I ever wanted to use an opening line or statement in front of some audience (most likely a wrestling one), the first sentence in this overall blog would be it. Of course its delivery would be more lively and vocal and done only in the way I could do it, but I think it would be effective. At least that's my opinion...

 -  I did watch the Oscars on Sunday night. I have to say, I'm impressed. They got the right guy to host it, Hugh Jackman, and hopefully he'll be the host for the next ten to fifteen. I thought he was that good. I liked how they presented the major awards, with soliloquies and testimonials to each actor and actress nominated. My only nitpick with that is that I think they could have done that with just two people instead of five. What worked against it this year is that with the exception of best actor, most of the categories had predicted winners and like in past years they didn't really have audience favorites or box-office smashes for best movie, just so-called "critical darlings". No Dark Knight, if you will. Overall, they got the format right for the Oscars, but if they want more ratings for the show they might want to get away from little-known films in picture categories. It's no surprise that the highest rated Oscar telecast was the one whose best picture was a box office smash named Titanic.

 -  Also, in last night's telecast, Mr. Jackman proclaimed "the musical is back!"...as long as they don't try to re-air or remake "Cop Rock" or anything like it, it might actually stay that way for a while.

 -  Remember a few months back (the end of May specifically) when I wrote a blog about the first girl I ever fell for and that I didn't know what was going on with her? Well, I believe I have found out (I'm 95 percent certain on this). Without going into real specific specifics, she's in the South and it appears that she is married with at least one child. I always wondered what happened with her. I have reached out to her just to see how her life is going. Regardless of whether she responds or not, I hope she's doing alright. Also, now that I know, it's one less thing to bug me and I can (finally?) move on to more romantic pastures.

 -  Regarding that last blurb...it is related to the "unrevealed issues" I've been alluding to over the past few months, but indirectly. It's the first bit of progress to getting through that stuff so I can move on. I've still got a very long way to go, but it's a start.

 -  I had a blast at the O.C. last Saturday night. My entire crew was there and we danced all night to the music that our friend and birthday boy Tommy D laid down. It's the first time in a while that my entire crew was together in one place, and the only regret was that none of us had cameras to commemorate the occasion. I think the next time this might happen again will be the second weekend in April, around Kevin's and my birthdays, so for any of you here, crew or not, mark that weekend down so that you can come celebrate with us.

 -  I watched the new animated Wonder Woman striaght-to-DVD movie over the weekend. Pretty good movie in my opinion but one thing did stick out to me during the film: I have never seen the word "crap" so formally discussed before in detail within a movie dialogue...very interesting.

 -  Song on repeat this week: "Will You Still Love Me" by Chicago...probably one of the most romantic songs I listen to.

 -  SLP to the following: Kevin, Dave, Griff, Ernest, Tommy D, Jay, Pastor Cory, Shane S., Scott D., Heather and Holly (who I call the Flyers twins, since that's where I met them).

Before I go, even though I've known for a while I want to congratulate my friend Dave on his engagement...he's got a good woman.  Until next time, when I come up with hopefully another decent opening line for a blog entry, take care and God Bless.

DJ