Random Thoughts #25 - the "quickie" edition

Hello once again. I'm back with some random thoughts on stuff, though like the title states, they may be quickie blurbs compared to my sometimes long and tedious excerpts from random thoughts past. In any case, enjoy.

 -  Today is the two year anniversary of my becoming a Christian and giving my life to Jesus Christ. An important day for me, to say the least.

 -  This year it is also President's Day. Isn't it nice that we now have a worthy U.S. president after eight years of a crummy one?

 -  The areas where I have no updates for: those specific issues yet again, the potential new club, and my job prospects (though with the stimulus about to be signed tomorrow, my chances for permanent work will hopefully strengthen).

 -  Why do I keep bringing up the "specific issues" stuff even though I don't talk about it here? Well, it's not so much to keep reminding everybody else about it. It's simply a way for me to keep my focus on what I'm doing now, to not forget about it once I've got this stuff resolved, and to have a reminder of it whenever I look through my blogs in the future. I apologize if it bugs some of you that I keep bringing this stuff up without talking more about it, but I'm doing this more for me than anything else.

 -  Last Saturday night wasn't as good at the OC as previous outings had been. It was a bit too thuggish for my tastes. I think Valentine's Day had something to do with it and, dating/women issues aside (that's right, I'm still single), I rarely have good luck on that day anyway.

 -  As I told one of my friends recently, it seems like the crowd has been changing every weekend at the OC for the past couple of months. One weekend there were tons of hot women there, another was like bridal shower night, last weekend the thuggish stuff, and yet another it was old school dancing night. Sure there are us regulars and Tommy D spinning great as usual, but it's like theme night at the OC. In all my time clubbing I've never seen a phenomenon like this without advertising...it just happens. I don't know how long it's going to last, but it's been interesting there to say the least.

 -  I have to admit, last Saturday's NBA Slam Dunk contest was fun to watch for the first time in years. It had me laughing out loud a few times as some of the stuff going on. And Shaq getting down with the Jabbawockees before the All-Star Game? I loved that.

 -  I have updated my Myspace music playlist. For right now I'm removing the Chris Brown stuff as my way of protesting violence against women. I have added new songs.

 -  I'm still getting used to Linux on my computer. I found the right movie/video player for me, but there's still things I need to find that work for my tastes.

 -  Song on repeat: Sexy Lady by Yung Berg. Good song, nice and smooth danceable beat.

 -  Here's a new feature I'm testing for the blog: Shoutouts, Love, and Props, for people I talked to, people I want to remember, and those who kept in contact with me in between "random thoughts" blogs. It may be all-inclusive, it may not...it'll be the people I remember at the time I write a particular blog, so if you're not mentioned don't be offended because I do my random thoughts from memory for the most part and I value all my friends anyway...it's a way of giving, well, shoutouts, love and props to those important to me and not forget those who help make me better. I may not put in people I keep in regular contact with because they'll get that respect regularly anyway...or I might, depending on what's going on in my blog, maybe as an extra thank you or something like that. I'm calling it "SLP" for short and future reference...might be something for some of you to take up too. I'm starting it in the next blurb.

 -  SLP to the following this time around: Ernest, Daryl, Eldina, Tatjana, Marilena, Jay, Carlo, Dani and Tommy D.

Okay, so some of the blurbs weren't really quickies, but I hope you enjoyed them anyway. Until next time, when I hope to have all the world's problems solved...NOT (I'm leaving that to Jesus). Take care and God Bless.

DJ