Random Thoughts #8 - the "dry spell" edition

Hello, all. Here's another set of random thoughts that have been on my mind. Remember to strap yourself in before reading because there have been reports of my thoughts blowing peoples' minds. Just sayin'...

 -  I think I'm just gonna start putting a date on the 'random thoughts' blogs that I do and maybe add some subtitles from time to time like on this one. It may make it a bit impersonal, but for right now, dem's da breaks.

 -  I think my body is officially starting to "winterize" itself to get ready for the next few months. Twice a year my body decides it wants to adjust for upcoming seasons, once for winter months and once for spring and summer months. Usually it consists of flu or cold related symptoms, but sometimes with a few more added on for good measure. This time my right eye was really itchy for a few days and it's finally not doing it so much. Right now I'm relaxed and feeling all right but I still haven't hit the full-on winterization yet. I don't know why my body does it, only that it does.

 -  It's been one year since I broke up with my last girlfriend. Actually, she dumped me, but in any event it ended. Mixed feelings about that...not because the relationship ended (which ended up turning out pretty good for me) but because I haven't hooked up with a woman since then. Dry spell, indeed, but at least I've made the most of my time since. I am ready to date....just gotta make myself more available for this again.

 -  Question: is it legal for political groups like PACs to check on the status of your voting registration? One group apparently checked on mine and let me know about it in a couple of emails (and were wrong on the status of it to boot). Just doesn't seem right to me.

 -  It's a pet peeve for me right now, but the last couple of weekends I've had people calling saying they're coming out to the club (the O.C.) but then never show up. I'm not talking about those who call me beforehand and tell me they're not coming....only those who just don't show up without me knowing beforehand. It's not the people I normally expect that behavior from...it's people I usually know to keep their word. It'd be nice to see them if they'd actually show up. I'll get over this quick but it's just bugging me a bit right now.

 -  If you're noticing a pattern of irritation and some frustration through the last few entries, you're not alone.

 -  My church recently changed it's video server to Mogulus. As soon as some technical difficulties are worked out, you can check out www.crossroadswcc.org and click on "Live Broadcasts" to watch recorded sermons. Even better, you can watch us live either at the church or online at 7:30 PM on Sunday evenings. Go to the website for more details on that.

 -  I have a couple of civil service exams this week. I hope I do well because they are both for good paying jobs. I'm crossing my fingers and knocking on wood here.

 -  Get ready for political campaign negativity over the next month, people. You're gonna get an earful. I suggest tuning to religious channels, Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, The Disney Channel, or The N if you want to avoid it. Many of you have families, so you probably already know to do this.

 -  A couple of election notes: Early voting started last week and continues through Election Day on November 4th. Also, for those of you not registered, tomorrow is the last day to do so for this election (October 6). Avoid the lines on November 4th and vote early. If anybody needs more info, let me know.

 -  I am very satisfied with the 'dressed up' pics taken last weekend. I needed 'em.

That's it for now. Wish me luck with women and the exams I have this week. And remember, mud spelled backwards is 'dum'. Take care and God Bless.

DJ