Random Thoughts #9 - the "October Surprise" edition

I'm a bit bored waiting to get ready for to go watch the Browns tonight, so I thought I'd put up a new batch of random thoughts. Enjoy and remember to breathe, because I don't want to be responsible for taking anybody's breath away.

 -  Regarding the subtitle for this particular blog, I have a feeling that we may still see an "October surprise" in the election. Obama has a lead in most polls, but things can happen. Thank God I voted already.

 -  Speaking of voting, Ohioans can vote early if they are registered. In Franklin County, the early voting spot is Vets Memorial on Broad Street. Go vote early to avoid the potential Election Day waits that plagued Ohio four years ago.

 -  Last night we had a guest speaker at our church, Bishop James Tatum. The video is up (I should know...I put it up myself) so check it out...he was lively, to say the least. Go to the Crossroads site to find it. If anybody is having trouble finding video from our more recent services, let me know.

 -  I don't know about anybody else, but personally I prefer not to be "pushed" toward approaching or getting with a particular woman. Also I do not want to be set up with one unless I ask to be. Many of you already knew this, but it's become an issue recently because some people have conveniently forgotten this. I've had my personal boundaries violated a few times regarding this and a lot of it actually has nothing to do with me. It's been mainly due to some people's attempt at trying to hide their own attraction to a particular female in some weird form of wish fulfillment or they just want their friends to be hooked up with me because they think it would be "cool" or something along those lines. I've had to set my foot down and almost be mean about it just to keep my boundaries intact. Though I am glad to be considered, unfortunately that consideration is very limited because ultimately it's not about me or some particular woman. I've found that it is either about someone trying to control outcomes and circumstances or it's about someone attempting to live vicariously through their friends or others. That's not helpful in any case. One of my friends got caught recently trying to do this to me by somebody else and caught hell for it (it was interesting to watch). Honestly I would love to be with a woman right now or even in a relationship, but it's gonna have to be when I'm ready and happen on what my pastor would call "God's time". In other words, if it happens, cool, but I'm not gonna push it.

 -  The word of the day is "particular."

 -  Boy I hope the Browns do alright tonight.

 -  This may step on a few toes here, but unfortunately it needs to be said. I've been approached by more than a few people in the club asking for me, some of the regulars, and some of my friends to not be so, how to say this....domineering or demanding...on the dance floor. Yeah, I know some of us have routines, songs we want to dance to, and stuff we wanna do. Heck, there's stuff I like to do and want to do. However, over the last couple of weeks the club has been pretty crowded and even though we got to do some of our regular stuff, it came at the expense of those around us who also were looking to have a good time there. Ultimately we weren't being very considerate, even of people we know there. I want to apologize to those people who were offended by me personally either directly or indirectly. I like being just part of the crowd sometimes, so I do understand where many of these complaints stem from. Why am I talking about this? Well, for starters, it needs to be said that some of the things we do on the dance floor can pretty darn good and skillful. Unfortunately they are seen by some to be intimidating as well, giving off the impression that we aren't approachable or friendly. I know that some of you don't care what other people think, but I don't want anybody to get in trouble because we're not watching what we're doing. Hey, if the whole crowd wants us to do our thing, I'll be the first to go to town. However, as much as we sometimes think this to be, that hasn't actually been happening lately. I'm not saying we shouldn't do our thing, because I still believe we should try....it's just that we do have a responsibility to be respectful and cool about things while we're there just like everybody else. For the record, I think the club is the place to be on Saturday nights, and I want to help keep it that way.

 -  Beware of phishing sites. A couple of my friends have been hacked recently and ended up sending out spam, so keep your eyes open.

 -  You may have noticed that I have been general when speaking about people in this particular blog. I'm trying to get my point across without pointing fingers in any specific direction. Some of you already know who I'm talking about, so really I don't need to be specific here.

 -  I did alright with my first civil service exam last week, but the second one I took was all over the place, so I don't know what to think of that. There is a job fair at COSI this Thursday that I intend to attend unless I get another job assignment this week. In any case things are looking up there.

That's all for now. Enjoy my profile picture because it's cool. Later and God Bless.

DJ