Random Thoughts #13 - the "so soon after the last one?" edition

I know it's only been a few days since my last set of random thoughts but I've had a lot of them in that short time. I guess that's the curse of being too intelligent and opinionated at the same time...or is it too opinionated and intelligent ...or too opinionated to be intelligent....or too intelligent to be opinionated....see what I mean? It's a curse. Anyway, onto my new set of random thoughts:

 -  Even though I've been back here for a while now, it's hard to believe that it was ten years ago this week that I was forced to leave Columbus and move back to Tallmadge. As many of you know, I had a lot of problems around that time. I lost a job that wasn't doing anything for my mental health in the first place. I gained 50 pounds in a year's time in an attempt to cope with stuff (for those of you who ask, that's when I got the gut). A few people preyed on me, not in a stalking way but more like using me then tossing me to the curb. My finances were in shambles. I didn't know who I really was, where I was going, or what I was going to do about it. I was truly lost. It was visually evident that I was in the middle of a breakdown. I ended up losing touch with a lot of people because of it and to this day there are still some that have trouble looking at me because of that breakdown. It was not a good time. I am happy to say that the good Lord was looking out for me even though I wasn't that aware of it at the time. I got the help I needed and got back down here. I found answers to questions I had held for ages even though many around me claimed I wouldn't (shows what they knew!). I got back in touch with many I had thought I could not...thank God for Myspace and persistance. I can say that even with some similarities with situations from back in the day, things are definitely different today.

 -  Speaking of the Lord, don't forget about my church, Crossroads World Christian Center (http://www.crossroadswcc.org). If you need a road to Him, this is a good starting point and a great journey companion.

 -  On a topic somewhat related to the first blurb, I want to address something that I'm not actually dealing with right now but I want to head it off beforehand, not just for me but others. I had been accused by a select few of seeing people as...how do I say it...only seeing them for how they were back in the day and not how they are now. It's not a recent charge but there may be something coming up where I will have to deal with these select few again. If any of them are reading this (which I doubt, but just in case), I'm one of the last people to talk about anyone being the same as back then, especially with the big changes throughout my life. It baffles me why this select few would say I would do that. Now I do know that some things stay the same in certain areas, people have the same reaction as back then, and deal with similar circumstances...that's just a part of life. For me personally I think the reaction had to do with my breakdown, but in a couple of recent instances I've witnessed the same treatment and accusation was thrown out at others I know. I'm getting the feeling now that it wasn't necessarily about me but about these select few trying some sort of "preventative defense" in order to protect something I honestly believe doesn't need protecting. Something else to consider...if people react the same way unconsciously to someone or something as they did back in the day, it's not always a bad thing unless that someone wants it to be...wanting it to be takes a conscious effort itself.

 -  Had a decent time at the club last night. Got to see an old friend I hadn't seen in a while who I hope to keep up with more often plus my eyes weren't killing me as much as they had been the two weekends before.

 -  Word of the day: "something" (what, you were expecting something exotic?)

 -  The offer on the political stuff I made in the last blog is and will be open for anybody who wants in. Like I said, I don't want to do this alone anymore.

 -  It's hard to believe that it's less than three weeks until Thanksgiving and two months until Christmas. We just had Halloween, for crying out loud. Time is surely flying now.

 -  The battery in my cell phone went bad, so I will not have cell phone access nor access to my voicemail until Thursday at the earliest. I even had to tell my father "Happy Birthday" a couple days early because of this. If you want to contact me, find me here on Myspace or contact me by email in the meantime. I'll get my cell back soon enough.

 -  Boy, I've been pretty opinionated recently, haven't I?

 -  It looks like the Browns have their quarterback....now they just need better coaching or at least better decision-making. On the Buckeye front, OSU looked pretty good yesterday...who know Tressel had a killer instinct?

 -  Song on repeat: "A Milli" by Lil' Wayne. It might make for good entrance music if I get the right graphics for video...might have to work on that.

That's all for now. FYI, if any of you notices I seem a bit down or sad in the near future don't be surprised...there is something I'm dealing with, but because it doesn't involve me directly I'm not at liberty to discuss or even divulge it. It does affect me personally but please don't ask...I'm not gonna talk about it. All I'm gonna say is show the ones you care about how much they matter. Join me next time when I may have another random thought or two. Take care and God Bless.

DJ