Random Thoughts #11 - the "BOO!!!" edition

Happy Halloween, folks. Here I am back with yet another set of random thoughts and observations that have come across my mind recently. Be careful not to spook yourself reading them. Enjoy.

 -  I've been having fun recently health-wise, sarcastically speaking. I thought it was either my contacts (my eyes were itching) or a cold, but I was wrong on both counts. My sinuses just decided to go haywire once again and they are really flaring up today. Usually when it's this obvious it means that things will improve real soon, but I hate dealing with this stuff. It looks like Vicks Vaporub and Sinutab for the foreseeable future. One good thing for all of you: it's not contagious so you can't get what I got.

 -  According to Jym Ganahl of NBC4 in Columbus, beware of vampire moths...they will suck your blood.

 -  BTW, before I forget, it is Halloween so....BOO!!!

 -  Around this time ten years ago I was forced to leave Columbus and move back to Akron as part of a long-term downward spiral that pretty much lasted until the end of 2002. Trust me, it's not something I want to relive nor want anybody to ever have to go though themselves. Even though I still have issues from time to time and I get depressed now and then (like recently), I can say that it can never get as bad as it did all those years ago. It took support from my friends and lessons I should have learned early on in childhood but didn't until 2002 for my life to turn around. I don't think anybody who knows me now would even recognize the person I was pre-2003...things have changed that much. Even though I am going through a rough patch right now, I do want to thank those people who since that time have supported me and helped me get through these past few years. It means an awful lot to me.

 -  As always, I'm not letting a blog go by without a plug for my church, Crossroads World Christian Center. Check out www.crossroadswcc.org for more about my church.

 -  No Buckeye game this weekend. Seems odd especially this late in the season. Oh well.

 -  Daylight savings time is this weekend. That means we have an extra hour this weekend. For us night owls, that means an extra hour of partying and dancing. At least I hope I'm over my sinus stuff before then.

 -  For those of you who registered and haven't voted yet and have the early voting option, go vote. I've already done it so I could avoid lines next Tuesday. If you miss the early vote, then don't forget to stand in line on Tuesday to do so...it may be a while but it is your civic responsibility (that's right...I pulled the "responsibility" card...whatcha gonna do about it....yeah, I thought so!).

 -  Speaking of next Tuesday, I have a short job assignment that's election related. I'll talk about it once I'm done with it, so it looks like even though I'm not doing partisan stuff, I'm not done with this election yet.

 -  Browns vs. Ravens on Sunday at 1 PM. I'm gonna go see it at GameWorks with my fellow Browns Backers. Should be fun.

That's all for now. Join me next time as I sob, cry, and bawl my way through the mediocrity and suffering that I like to call "November"...should be a hoot. Before I go, I got one more thing to say....BOO!!!! Hope I didn't scare you too much. Take care and God Bless.

DJ