Random Thoughts #116 - the "new address" edition

Hello and welcome to the latest editions of DJ's Random Thoughts.  As you can see from the top corner pic (which I'm calling the "edition pic" from here on out), something big has changed here for the blog.  Before I get caught up in the euphoria of what's changed here...again....let's get started.  Enjoy.

 -  Like the edition subtitle says, there is a new address here starting with this edition.  The blog now has the web address "djsrandomthoughts.com" which is shorter than the former one.  I've been wanting to get the DJRT "dot com" for a while now to help push things forward toward where I want DJRT to be in the future and to better promote DJRT.  Last week I finally decided to pull the trigger and get it.  I am very happy I've done this as it is a step forward toward making my vision of the future for me and DJRT a reality.  From now on, DJ's Random Thoughts will be found at http://djsrandomthoughts.com/.  Don't forget to update your bookmarks if you haven't already done so.

 -  With the change in the web address, there are a couple of things I have to note.  The first thing is that all the Facebook likes for past individual editions of DJRT could not be transferred to the new domain and thus have been reset.  It's a technical thing on Facebook's end that I have no control over, so if there was any edition that any of you "liked" before the address change I would recommend going back using the Past Editions page, visiting them again and "re-liking" them...if you wish to do so, of course, if only just to read something you liked once again.  This does not affect the "likes" on the overall DJRT page because those work separately and differently than the ones of the individual editions...though if you haven't already, you should "like" it too.  In any case, they will work and count from now on.  The second thing regards the comments for individual editions.  They were supposed to migrate over to the new address but it doesn't look like they have as of yet and it's possible they might not at all.  I still have them and might manually transfer them myself if they don't do so automatically sometime down the pike, but like with the FB likes they should work correctly from this point on.

 -  DJ Customs:  The edition pic in the top left hand corner of this edition is also a DJ Customs exclusive, which is something I haven't done in a while.  The idea for the pic was given to me by my friend Zach who wanted to see a version created for the MCW Riot Zone (that will be revealed soon, MCW fans).  It was inspired by those "Parental Advisory" logos used on various merchandise.  Once I found a font that was used on some of them and did the one for the Riot Zone, I went ahead and created one for DJRT as well.  If I do say so myself, this is some of the best work I've ever done on a pic and I have to thank Zach for giving me the idea to do it.

 -  Speaking of that pic, I thought it looked so good that I decided to create and sell t-shirts with the DJRT "Advisory" pic on them.  They are now available in the DJRT Store in both men's and women's sizes.  I've also dropped the price of the regular DJRT Logo shirts as well.  Go to the DJRT Store (link is in the menu at the top of the page) and check out that stuff.  Here's what the new men's and women's t-shirts looks like:


 -  For the first time in a long time, there were no Buckeyes or Browns football games over the weekend as both had a scheduled break.  It was the most quiet football weekend for me personally in a long time.  Both have tough games coming up this weekend, with OSU taking on Wisconsin and the Browns taking on the Cowboys.

 -  Last Tuesday there was a presidential election and Barack Obama will continue to be president for the next four years as a result.  I am happy about this as I was not a fan of Mitt Romney, but that's just me.  I tried to stay away from making political statements during this election cycle because I did not want to take part in all the heated rhetoric that was leading to bruised feelings and ill will during election season.  Now that the election has passed, I do have something to say regarding what I've seen since then.  There are obviously people who are not happy with the results of this past election.  That was going to be expected no matter what the result would have been.  Unfortunately, some of those folks who didn't get the results they wanted or expected seem to be going off the deep end, proclaiming stuff like "America is going down" and other gloom and doom-type stuff...all just because they didn't get what they wanted.  I've even seen a couple people continue to slander and lie about the president and others and continue to make arguments made during the election season, as if somehow the election results are going to magically change or something like that.  I have something to say to those particular folks (in bold):  Stop...just stop.  I get that you didn't like the outcome and I think a lot of other people can see that as well.  However, the election season is over now and the people have spoken.  There's no use trying to fight battles that are already over.  America is not going down and the future is not apocalyptic despite your proclamations to the contrary.  It's time to stop with the conspiracy talk and the hate and the attempts of justifying the supposed superiority of your point of view in this post-election period...because it is getting absolutely ridiculous.  The only things you are showing to people by continuing to pull this ridiculous stuff is that you are paranoid and that you believe your view is somehow inherently superior to everybody else's...that's it.  That's all it's showing.  If you're believe you're trying to demonstrate otherwise, that's not happening and it's not going to happen if you continue in this way.  It doesn't make you more right than anybody else and it's not going to.  So please, for your own sake and for those you care about:  stop...just stop.  Now, I also have something to say to certain people who did get what they wanted of the elections, about something they're doing as well (in bold):  I get that you loved the results of the election and you want to celebrate it, but what in God's name gives you the right to insult and put down those who didn't get the results they wanted?  Do you think that gives you the right to act all superior and "spike the ball", so to speak?  Given that in past elections when things haven't always gone your way, most people gave you folks the basic respect than they're expecting from you now yet you're not giving it to them.  This is a time for reflection and adjustment but throwing election results in people's faces is just generating ill will.  Okay, my soapbox is done...for now.

 -  Keep in mind that the previous blurb was aimed at specific people and not everybody in general, but it will probably turn some people off.  However, it was stuff I had to get off my chest.  In all these cases, I was not the first person who saw what they were doing and in several cases I wasn't even the tenth person to recognize it, which should show how obvious this behavior has been.  The big reason for talking about it in the first place was that one of my friends had an issue where someone she knew and thought could trust didn't like the outcome of the election and went off the deep end with their reaction, insulting her and other people and ultimately stopped being her friend...all because she congratulated people on voting.  That was it...nothing partisan, nothing controversial, just a simple congratulations set them off.  I saw certain people I knew reacting just as badly and thought I should speak up about it...and I was willing to set off some landmines in doing so and since all of you all know how I feel about landmines, you can tell how much seeing this stuff happening bugged me.  I do have a recommendation for those folks who are doing this...instead of dwelling on negative stuff and do good for people.  If you particular folks are doing some good for people, that's great, but if you keep up with this negative vibe and so-called warning of stuff about the future, you will undermine all that good you have been doing and be left with bitterness in your heart and your words.  As someone who has been down this path a few times myself in the past and suffered as a result of decisions and action from taking that path previously, I hope you learn from my history and take what I say here seriously.

 -  Changing the tone here, MCW is having their next show on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, November 24th, at the Firehouse Grille in Massillon.  Former WWE Superstar Goldust will be wrestling at the show.  This is a big show and also be a TV taping for the MCW Riot Television show.  The MCW Riot Zone is scheduled to be there as well and will be revealing something that it's been working on for a while now.  Tickets will be $15 at the door.  I hope to see some of you who haven't checked this out before there.  Here's the poster for the show:


 -  Query:  What is the one tradition you always celebrate on Thanksgiving weekend?  Nice simple query this time out, but one I'm curious about.  What is that one tradition?

 -  Song on Repeat:  "Don't Talk" by Jon B.  This is one of my favorite songs.  Smooth yet danceable...not many songs that can pull that off, but I believe this one does.


 -  Shoutouts:  Diane, Griff, Tom R., Todd, Ernest W., Zach, Cory, Holly, Jenny K., Carlo, Michelle, Cheryl, & Shasta.

Before I go, I want to congratulate my friend Carlo on his upcoming nuptials.  I wish you all the best, bud.  I'm going to take off now, but I do want to wish everybody a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.  Until next time folks.  Take care and God Bless.

DJ